- Gunlog has been set up by Paul Webb, a former Surrey Police Officer, who is a Registered Firearms Dealer at Countryside Pursuits, a gun dealership based in Melksham.
- Helping Encourage Responsible Ownership (HERO) is our company tag line – it is recognised that the industry, owners, shooting organisations and the Government should all be working towards a better solution without the need for further, more expensive and unenforceable policing or legislation.
- Using our system owners will be encouraged to register their weapons online and then tag their guns with a unique Graphine Radio Frequency Identification Tag (RFID). The tag cannot be copied/reverse engineered.
- The RFID tags can then be read using a smart phone by the Police, Rifle Clubs and Firearms Dealers to assist with traceability and security of the weapons.
- Create a platform for tagging and logging of assets
- With a secure client & asset database
- With 24/7 clients access
- To manage ownership, transfer and service logs
- Function to report item lost or stolen
- Privilege and access levels to facilitate multiagency working
- Deployed in UK then rolled out strategically worldwide
- Build with smart algorithms to monitor and report on user behaviour
To create a responsible ownership scheme.
The national picture of gun ownership as at 31st March 2017
- 154,958 firearm certificates covering 559,302 firearms. Of these, 30% (166,638) were sound moderators.
- 9,825 new applications for firearm certificates and 32,023 firearm certificate renewal applications in the year.
- 561,413 shotgun certificates covering 1,349,099 shotguns .
- 23,718 new applications for shotgun certificates and 99,403 shotgun certificate renewal applications in the year.
- It is estimated that there are over 7 million, as yet unlicensed, Air weapons in circulation in England & Wales which is a topic of ongoing Parliamentary debate.